Thursday, August 23, 2007

Ch..Ch...Changes

Some people have had the notion in their heads that i've changed. Well, maybe i have. Is it a bad thing? i didnt think it was.

Some things are different, my house isnt nearly as delapidated as it once was. It's nowhere near finished either, but better than it was.

I don't drink as much as i used to. Not really cause anyone made me, but because i don't drink as much as i used. how's that? my choice and everything.

What i don't understand is, how can anyone be upset w/me for that. I got 4 very good friends that are either married or are getting married, i'm not unhappy for them, that's fucking awesome. Are they the same people they were 5 years ago, no, not at all. They've moved on with their lives and i dont blame them. i'm not getting married, i'm just using it as an example.

So now, i hear things. I hear people bitching that i've changed. I'm not that little drunk kid who lives in a crappy house, who breaks his walls, who smashes bottles, who let's people destroy his house. Holy shit, if i heard that about me, i'd be happy for me.

I'd be excited that i'm trying to be anything but a screwup. Can we try that? Am i not allowed to have a nice place to live? Everyone else does. No i'm supposed to be everyones grinder monkey and entertain them.

The thing that pisses me off the most is, some of these people are supposed to be my best friends. Can't handle me growing up at all.

I do want to say that this post is not directed towards everyone. Some people have been rather supportive of everything and i appreciate it. You know who you are.

And something else, i like having people over. I like drinking and having fun when i can. I had a blast last weekend. The only difference is now, when i have fun, it's not at the expense at the place i'll still be living at in 10 years.

No comments: